I have been playing Candy Crush Saga on iOS the past day and noticed that you have to pay $0.99 once you run out of lives. An interesting thing about this is that there is a timer that is set to get lives without paying (I believe its set for every 30min). Once this 30mins elapses, you earn another life and can continue playing again.
I realized that the timer used to receive lives is actually tied to the system time. So, if you are able to set the time ahead on your iOS device, then you should be able to get more lives? But does it work? Yes! it does. Turn off auto-time sync and set the date manually ahead one day, go back into Candy Crush, and 5 lives! The same process may work for Android as well, but I haven’t tested.
- Open Candy Crush Saga
- Press the ‘Home‘ button on your iOS device to go back to the main screen.
- Go to Settings -> General -> Date & Time
- Set ‘Set Automatically’ to ‘Off’
- Choose ‘Set Date & Time’
- Select the Date Selection (Time selection is usually turned on by default)
- Move the date ahead by one day
- Double-tap the Home button again to bring up the running apps, and choose Candy Crush Saga
- The view will refresh, and the life count will be reset to 5
- Double-tap the Home button again, and go back to Settings
- Click the Back button in the upper left to go back to the Date & Time main screen
- Change ‘Set Automatically’ back to On.
- Exit and go back to Candy Crush! Repeat as necessary!